Chapter Two: Angel
Second semester opened and every officers of all the student organizations are part of the team that is organizing the school's beauty pageant. As for me with the rest of the officers of our organization, who are Communication Arts major, were assigned on the production side of the event.
Peter assigned me to help in the auditions of the male and female candidates. So for one whole day I was in one of the small halls of the school trying to correct in my mind the grammar of the auditioners. Like, "yes I'm confidence," and "...I would tell the fope..." (What?! Are you talking about the Pope or a pawn?!)
A week after that, the final candidates have been chosen and we are now shooting footages for the pageant. We spent the whole morning taking photos of the candidates around the different historical places near our school.
"Where is Angel? He's next," said our director. "Having his make up done? Quickly please quickly." This Angel guy caught my attention. Based from what I heard he has been modeling for a while now and in fact participated on a well publicised underwear fasion show early that year. Also, he had a feature article on a newspaper a few weeks ago. When I saw his photo in the article I said, "he looks gay! But infairness he has the body of a model."
He took over a minute or so to have a quick make up and this made our director irritated. I got irritated also and for what ever reason I hated him! So for the whole duration of the shoot I kept on throwing nasty comments about him. Like, "why does he keep on raising his shirt? He doesn't even have abs! He has a flat stomach!" "I swear he's so look gay!"
Later on, our director assigned me to do the poster of the pageant. He gave me specific directions on what he wanted to see. He also asked me to make a logo for the event.
Seeing this as an oppurtunity of a life time, I grabbed it with all my heart. It took me one weekend to make the layout of the logo. To my surprise, I got approval after two revisions! As for the poster, it took me two days, non-stop, to finish the layout. It took me that long because I was not yet familiar with the software I was using and my laptop was so slow in processing the Hi-res images. I made a sample print out of the poster and showed it to our director and to the candidates. Our director liked it but there are still minor revisions he wanted me to do.
Angel saw the poster and commented to a fellow staff of mine that he wanted his name to be complete in the poster. That pissed me off because his complete name is very long and I was having a problem in terms of name spacing on the area where his photo and name was.
I really don't know whats with this Angel person but I just simply and flatly hated him!
Peter assigned me to help in the auditions of the male and female candidates. So for one whole day I was in one of the small halls of the school trying to correct in my mind the grammar of the auditioners. Like, "yes I'm confidence," and "...I would tell the fope..." (What?! Are you talking about the Pope or a pawn?!)
A week after that, the final candidates have been chosen and we are now shooting footages for the pageant. We spent the whole morning taking photos of the candidates around the different historical places near our school.
"Where is Angel? He's next," said our director. "Having his make up done? Quickly please quickly." This Angel guy caught my attention. Based from what I heard he has been modeling for a while now and in fact participated on a well publicised underwear fasion show early that year. Also, he had a feature article on a newspaper a few weeks ago. When I saw his photo in the article I said, "he looks gay! But infairness he has the body of a model."
He took over a minute or so to have a quick make up and this made our director irritated. I got irritated also and for what ever reason I hated him! So for the whole duration of the shoot I kept on throwing nasty comments about him. Like, "why does he keep on raising his shirt? He doesn't even have abs! He has a flat stomach!" "I swear he's so look gay!"
Later on, our director assigned me to do the poster of the pageant. He gave me specific directions on what he wanted to see. He also asked me to make a logo for the event.
Seeing this as an oppurtunity of a life time, I grabbed it with all my heart. It took me one weekend to make the layout of the logo. To my surprise, I got approval after two revisions! As for the poster, it took me two days, non-stop, to finish the layout. It took me that long because I was not yet familiar with the software I was using and my laptop was so slow in processing the Hi-res images. I made a sample print out of the poster and showed it to our director and to the candidates. Our director liked it but there are still minor revisions he wanted me to do.
Angel saw the poster and commented to a fellow staff of mine that he wanted his name to be complete in the poster. That pissed me off because his complete name is very long and I was having a problem in terms of name spacing on the area where his photo and name was.
I really don't know whats with this Angel person but I just simply and flatly hated him!


1 Comments:
... just something to think about ...
it is doubtful that angel knew anything about what you did/problems you had creating the poster ... remember not everything is a criticism just someone's opinion ... and it only can be taken personally if you choose to do so ... otherwise, it is what it is ... a comment stating a personal desire of another human being ...
have a great time!
peace & harmony,
elaine
'freedom must be exercised to stay in shape!'
Post a Comment
<< Home